BOUM is a full analog stereo warming unit, combining an easy-to-use compressor, a versatile distortion generator and a smooth low-pass filter. BOUM is the perfect tool when you need to add warmth, thickness, and character to your sounds, but also apply severe distortion and extreme compression treatments. BOUM is based on an original and unique circuit, including the following stages :
INPUT GAIN – COMPRESSOR – LO CUT FILTER – HI CUT FILTER – NOISE GATE – DISTORTION GENERATOR
- Distortion Circuits:
– BOOST : soft clipping amplifier, perfect for subtle harmonic enhancement.
– TUBE : asymmetrical tube distortion emulator based on MOSFET technology. Generate mostly a second harmonic distortion.
– FUZZ : symmetrical hard clipping amplifier, similar to an overdriven mixer preamp.
– SQUARE : pure square wave generator based on a comparator. The ultimate fuzz !
- Analog signal path and sidechain
- One knob compressor (Ratio 1:1 to 1: -1) with attack & release parameters
- 4 distortions : Boost, Tube, Fuzz and Square
- Variable HiCut Filter, 12 dB /Oct, from 20 kHz to 10 Hz
- Gate with threshold up to 0 dB for production purposes
- Input Gain up to +18 dB
- Lo Cut Filter : Flat, 75 Hz, 150 Hz, 300 Hz
- 36 user presets
- MIDI input: BOUM responds to CCs, Pgm Change, Note
- Nice and simple user interface via 16 white LEDs
- Rugged steel enclosure
- Neutrik® jack connectors
- Power supply included