The analog side is where crater gets it’s tone, it’s umf’ and it’s power.
Like a 909 style kick drum, Crater’s analog section features a pitch envelope that ranges from snappy attacks, to lazer sounds, to disco toms. 1 volt per octave tracking and an amplitude envelope that allows users to use Crater for classic 808 style hip hop bass lines as well as rolling techno kicks.
The Digital side is where Crater really becomes unique and ultra-useful in a live performance Eurorack system.
The “secret sauce” of kick drums is usually found in layering different sounds to create a drum that cuts through the mix in the high frequencies, while remaining powerful in the lows. Many kicks you hear in dance music tracks are samples made from layering two or more sounds and we wanted to achieve this level of polished sound with our kick. The “Body” knob shapes the attack while adding adds a bit of delayed noise which simulates things in the room being affected by the kick such as loose lugs or a snare drum rattling near by. This gives the kick more of a natural and acoustic feel to the sound.
- Analog, triangle core oscillator
- Pitch envelope for 909 like attacks
- Sustain function allows for sequencing with gates as well as triggers
- 1V/Oct Pitch tracking
- 3 different styles of clipping
- Continuous Saturation Input for dialing in the perfect amount of analog grit.
- Extra long VCA envelope for big bass booms
- Digital “attack” section for that polished, layered sound
- “Body” control for some acoustic flavor
Power: +12V: 120mA, -12V: 80mA