Steppy is a 4-track programmable gate sequencer with eight internal memory slots, external clocking, numerous tweakable parameters, and a performance-first design aesthetic.
Each track features numerous independent parameters that govern its playback independently of the other tracks.
- Each track has its own length, which can range from 1-step to 64-steps, allowing for polyrhythms, fills, or constantly evolving gate interactions between tracks.
- Each track has its own gate length, which ranges from very short to very long, with tied gates possible at the extreme setting.
- Each track has its own clock divider, allowing patterns to play out over completely different periods of time.
- Each track has its own swing setting, which offsets the timing of every other step.
- Each track has its own delay setting, which offsets the timing of every step.
- Each track has its own probability control, which sets the likelihood that each programmed gate will fire when called upon by the pattern.
- Each track can be shifted (or ‘rotated’) forward or backward by a number of steps. So if you’ve created a pattern that ‘feels’ like it has its downbeat on step 3, you can shift that pattern two steps to the left, so that the downbeat sits on step 1.
Width: 28 hp
Depth: 29 mm
Power: 15 mA @ + 12 V <1 mA @ – 12 V