BRENSO is Frap Tools’ primary analog source of articulated waveforms whose degree of entanglement can be precisely set by the musician.
Its concept developed from a reflection on the very meaning of the word ‘complex,’ which comes from the Latin verb plector, literally meaning ‘to weave.’ The purpose of BRENSO is to update the usual approach to ‘complex oscillator’ by offering many threads to be woven together, rather than a pre-defined weft of controls and waveforms: this to improve clarity, manageability, and to provide more sonic options to the artist.
BRENSO consists of three sections: two for the sound generation (yellow and green), and one for sound processing (white and red).
The generation sections allow control over the two triangle-core oscillators, which can be modulated and synced both internally and externally. The Frequency Modulation can be any combination of exponential and/or linear through-zero.
- Two analog ‘thru-zero’ triangle-core oscillators
- Coarse frequency lock function per oscillator
- Eight waveform outputs, four per oscillator
- Linear ‘Thru-Zero’ Frequency Modulation (TZFM)
- Independently mixable Linear and Exponential FM per oscillator
- Sync: Flip and Lock
- Balanced or unbalanced modulation (AM / RM)
- Original timbre shaping section
- Expanded signal flow